How To Format a Micro SD Card
If you are experiencing problems with your camera then a lot of the time it will be related to the Micro SD card, one of the most common ways to fix these problems is by formatting or reformatting the micro SD card using a computer
Formatting a Micro SD card is really easy and doesn’t take long at all, however its important to note that by formatting the card it will delete any photos or videos that the card has on it therefore if you have any wanted footage on the card its important that you save this to your computer so you don’t loose it.
In order to format a micro SD Card you will need a SD Card adapter which will allow you to slot the micro SD card into your computer. This adapter will usually come with your Micro SD Card however if not you can pick up an adapter here for relatively cheap.
- Click on the Start Button at the bottom left of your computer and then click on “Computer”.
- Insert the Micro SD Card into the Micro SD Card Adaptor and then insert into your computers built in card reader.
- Once the card is plugged into your computer you will see a drive appear on the “Computer” screen.
- You will then need to right click on this drive and click on the “Format” option.
- You will then see another box pop up, make sure the “Quick Format” option is selected then click “Start”
- The card should only take a couple of minutes to format, once done you will see a message pop up that says the format is complete.
- Formatting your Micro SD Card is now complete so you can take the card out the computer and put it back in your camera to continue using the card as normal.