The Coleman Red Canyon 8-person Dome Tent is a very spacious tent giving you 170 ft.² of interior space and a center height of 72 inches. Because it’s a large tent you may end up sharing space with people and the Coleman Red Canyon comes with removable privacy walls that allow you to create up to three separate rooms.
The Coleman Red Canyon 8-person Dome Tent also features Coleman’s exclusive WeatherTec system that is guaranteed to keep you dry regardless of weather conditions. Setting up and breaking down the tent is fast and easy with simple instructions that are sewn right into the storage bag.
Coleman Red Canyon Features and Specifications
- Product Dimensions: 204 x 72 x 120 inches
- Shipping Weight: 24.2 pounds
- Family camping tent can accommodate eight campers; measures 17 by 10 feet with a 72-inch center height
- Included room dividers allow you to create three separate rooms
- Coleman’s exclusive Weathertec System is guaranteed to keep you dry from unexpected wet weather on your camping trip
- Tent setup is easy with its shock-corded poles and easy-to-follow assembly instructions; includes separate storage bags for tent, poles, and stakes
- Cool-Air port and Variflo adjustable venting system allows you to adjust airflow and access gear
Coleman Red Canyon Reviews
The reviews for the Coleman Red Canyon 8-person Dome Tent are quite good. We found well over 100 reviews online and the average user rating for this tent was 4.5 stars. The tent is very easy to setup and takedown and one mother said that this is the first tent she has ever owned and she was able to set it up all by herself without any trouble. It is easier to set up with two people and a lot of people report that they are able to assemble this tent in about 10 minutes.
The Coleman Red Canyon 8-person Dome Tent also does a very good job of keeping you dry in bad weather. Coleman’s Weathertec System really works and a number of people report using this tent in severe rains and they and all of their gear remained completely dry. The tent is also very spacious on the inside and a number of campers say that they were able to fit multiple air mattresses and plenty of gear inside the tent without feeling cramped.
One minor quibble that some people had is that getting the tent back into the storage bag is very difficult. One person said that they gave up trying to get the tent back in the bag after about 15 min. of fumbling around with it. It’s not impossible to get the tent back into the bag of course, you just need to be careful to fold the tent in such a way to make sure you get all of the air out.
The Coleman Red Canyon 8-person Dome Tent is a spacious tent that will keep you dry and can be purchased at a very affordable price. With all of the positive reviews online it is easy for us to give this tent our recommendation.